Good news for Obama: New CNN poll shows viewers liked speech
A post-speech CNN poll came up with some positive findings for President Obama:
- 77 percent had a very positive or somewhat positive reaction to his health-care speech (56 percent were “very positive”)
- 70 percent said the policies Obama is proposing will move the country in the right direction.
- 67 percent said they favored Obama’s plan to reform health care. 29 percent oppose it.
- Asked how likely it is that Congress will pass most of his proposals, 75 percent said it was “very likely” or “somewhat likely.”
- Finally, asked how clearly Obama laid out his plan, 72 percent said he “clearly” stated his goals.
Some notes on the poll:
427 adults who watched the speech were surveyed. 18% of the respondents who participated in the survey identified themselves as Republicans, 45% identified themselves as Democrats, and 37% identified themselves as Independents.
Margin of error: 5 percent.
This “poll” was touted by both CNN and MSNBC (surprise, surprise). PLEASE, everyone, if you get nothing else from this, understand that you cannot trust the mainstream media anymore. You have to read the fine print and take everything with a grain of salt. It’s unfortunate, but true. Sadly, there are only a minute number of real journalists left in this country.